Wednesday, July 21, 2010

MPT, Part 2: The Doctors

I saw Dr. Lipsmeyer at UAMS. I was not impressed. She ordered some x-rays and I went back for her to tell me what the x-rays showed. She said nothing. I had no signs of RA. I asked her what was causing the iritis and she said she didn't know. And that was that, at least with her. All she could suggest was more testing. And so the great testing period began...

I saw so many doctors for the next few years, so many doctors that just shrugged their shoulders when the tests came back negative and sent me on to another doctor. And that doctor would send me on to another, and another, and another...most of them smug and all of them telling me that I was a hypochondraic and wasn't really sick. I began to wonder what God was doing, what He wanted Joshua and I to learn, what kind of test this was...

Through those next few years the only doctor that was a constant in my life was my ophthamologist, Dr. Blair. That was because I still couldn't wean off the stereoid drops. At this point Dr. Blair became concerned about my sight in my right eye (the only eye that was effected by the iritis). During this time our family was attending The Bible Church of Little Rock. One of the members was Dr. Torin Gray. I got in to see him and God began to show His Sovereignty...

I can honestly say that, if not for all the other reasons that Joshua and I acknowledge, God placed us at BCLR at that time, as part of His Sovereign plan, to meet Dr. Torin Gray. I went to my first appointment with him not really knowing what to expect. Even though I knew him, he was still a doctor and with my history with doctors, it made me nervous. But, I soon found out that God's timing is awesome...

No comments:

Post a Comment